Operations & Support Engineer USA
About the position
We are recruiting an entrepreneurial and dynamic Operations Engineer, with an interest in system management and support. You do not see the cloud as a vague concept but clearly understand how it will impact the way companies and individuals will thrive because of it. You are looking for ways to apply your acquired skills to support cloud based environments and are passionate about the newest technologies and ICT trends.
This role is intended to provide support to the US customers and team. Working hours will be in line with this need.
- Applying the engineering designs in production.
- Support of the Internal IT.
- Direct contact with and support of our customers.
- Configuration and roll-out of our servers and server software.
- Build out and expansion of our datacenter infrastructure.
- Through the implementation of proactive monitoring tools and proactive support you keep the service delivery uninterrupted and deliver our customers their expected service levels.
- You have a Bachelor degree in Computer science (or equivalent).
- You have a solid understanding of and experience within the following domains: Linux | Windows | Virtualization | Citrix | Hardware | Datacenter | SDN | SDS | Firewalls.
- You prefer open-source rather than enterprise software and you don’t mind digging into new and cutting edge technologies and products.
- You possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- You can thrive in an environment where priorities and deadlines create a constant pressure to deliver.
- You have a problem solving mindset and possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
- You are ready to embrace the mindset of a start-up (proactiveness, taking charge, owning responsibility, eagerness to learn) and have a proven track record to bring structure in the way you work and respond to incoming priorities.
- You are used to operate in an ITIL based environment.
- In short: you are eager to take on responsibility and accountability in a role with direct customer impact.
- Independent of your mother tongue, your command of English both written and oral is proficient.
- Knowledge of some of the listed technologies (or equivalent) is a plus: Server hardware | GPUs | virtual routing | application containerization (Docker) | open-source distributed resource managers (Swarm, Mesos, Kubernetes) | deep learning frameworks | CloudStack | OpenStack | DevOps automation tools (Chef, Vagrant) | SQL and NoSQL databases (Cassandra, MongoDB) | Elasticsearch | PowerShell | Windows package managers (Chocolatey) | Citrix XenDesktop | Citrix NetScaler | XenServer.